2017 Negroni Week in Washington, D.C.
Negroni Week is back! The annual all-things-Campari fest returns from June 5th-11th, and D.C. bars and restaurants are lining up to participate.
Not only will you find all the Negroni riffs and spritzes you can handle, but all bars also make a charitable donation as part of their participation. Negroni Week started in 2013 with about 100 bars involved, and today the global bonanza backed by Imbibe magazine and Campari brings together some 6,000 venues who have collectively raised a total of almost $900,000.
Here’s a few dozen of the many participating DC bars, with some notes on what you can expect to find. For a full list and more details, visit NegroniWeek.com.
- Arroz: The Aperitif, a house special with fino sherry, aquavit and Campari
- Bourbon Steak: A lineup of Negronis, including the Negroni Nero with Silenco Mezcal, the All Groni Up with Johnnie Walker & Laphroaig, the Peroni Negroni, and Papa’s Negroni, with cardamom-infused gin
- Buffalo & Bergen
- Denson Liquor Bar: The Ransom Note, with Ransom Old Tom Gin, Campari, Cocchi sweet vermouth barrel-aged for 14 days, stirred and served up with an orange twist
- Dino’s Grotto: A lineup of 7 different Negronis for $7 each.
- Dirty Habit: The Maritime Negroni with Botanist Gin, cubeb and sage infused Maurin Dry Vermouth, Campari, Ostervit, orange oil
- Dram & Grain: Three Negroni riffs, including a vintage, a two-person Negroni of Hospitality, and the Ambidextrous, with chocolate washed Campari, Wild Turkey Rare Breed and Cardamaro
- Farmers & Distillers
- Five to One
- Founding Farmers
- Ghibellina: A riff with gin, strawberry-finused Lillet Blanc, Suze and orange bitters
- Graffiato: The It’s Hot Outside, a frozen Negroni with $1 from each sale donated to charity.
- Hank’s Cocktail Bar: The Bittersweet Surrender with gin, red pepper, Campari, and vermouth
- Hank’s Oyster Bar: The Chicaroni, with Chicory Gin, Campari and Dopo Teatro
- Hill Prince: Offering a different negroni variation each day.
- Kapnos: A loaded menu with nine different mezcal variations, incorporating everthing from mezcal to whiskey, Prosecco to orange sorbet
- One Eight Distilling: The Ivy City Negroni, with their Ivy City Gin, Leopold Brothers Aperitivo, and Cocchi vermouth, and the Negroni Fragola, with Ivy City Gin, Cappelletti, and Dolin Rouge
- Quarter + Glory: The “No Se” with Ilegal Mezcal, Campari, Sweet Vermouth
- Quill at the Jefferson: The Classy Lady with Blue Coat Gin, Campari, and black cherry infused Dolin Blanc
- Radiator: The Concrete Jungle Bird with Botanist Gin, Campari, Cocchi Torino Vermouth, Pineapple, Orange, Lime. Served frozen on the roof and over pebble ice at the main bar.
- Rosario: A house Negroni for $8, with $1 from each sale donated to charity.
- Roofers Union: The Summer Negroni with Cynar, Beefater gin, Saler’s Gentian, yellow Chartreuse, and Amero Bitters
Service Bar: A full menu of negroni spins will be presented including the “Negroni-ish” with 3 year Rhum, Campari, Cocchi vermouth di Torino
- Urbana: The My Little Negroni with Botanist Gin, Campari, Capitoline Rosé Vermouth, Raspberry and thyme
- Wisdom: Four different negroni variations, one from each bartender.
Get in on the fun with the #NegroniWeek hashtag across the socials, and check back with us on this page for any updates to venues and specials.