Welcome to ManTalkFood.com.
I’m Jake Emen, and I’m your host on this journey. I’m a freelance travel, food, and drinks journalist, with a special love for all things whiskey.
This site is really focused on something we can all agree is a good thing: enjoying good eats & downing good drams. But it’s really simply a collection of my assorted musings, writings, and various misadventures.
Beyond this site right here, I’ve been published in a wide range of print and online outlets, including:
- Spirits judge for national and international competitions, including the American Distilling Institute and American Craft Spirits Association
- ATTA journalist member
- Voter for several prominent international food/beverage awards
- Consultant for TTAB and trademark related spirits litigation cases
- Official reviewer, spirits tasting notes writer & craft distillery consultant
- 2017 Croatia Golden Pen Award
Oh yea, and I’m also always looking for new opportunities—so feel free to get in touch with me to discuss a new project, story, or idea.
I never turn down a tasty bite or sip, and here’s where I’ll be discussing it. Cheers.