2014 DC Restaurant Week: New Restaurants, Special Notes & Other News
It’s time for the summer DC Restaurant Week. This year, it looks like it’s even bigger and better than ever. There are new restaurants and some can’t miss opportunities along the way.
Too much food, and not even drink? Then we’ll see you over at D.C. Beer Week.
Here’s your need-to-know guide:
- There are more than 25 new restaurants taking part in the summer 2014 D.C. Restaurant Week.
- That means there are more than 200 restaurants taking part this year.
- Lunch menus cost $20.14 and dinner menus cost $35.14.
- Officially, D.C. Restaurant Week lasts from August 11th – 17th. That means if you still haven’t made your plans, you have to act fast. Many of these places book up very quickly with their special discounted prices. Also, some restaurants end up extending Restaurant Week further, and all of the Jose Andres joints in town typically do a two-week run with the same prices and deals.
- D.C.’s other big tapas mogul, Richard Sandoval, is also in on the Restaurant Week fun at all of his area restaurants.
- This summer’s D.C. Restaurant Week could be a great excuse to check out the newly renovated Oval Room. They spent $1 million and plenty of time overhauling the place, so this is as good of a chance as you’ll have to dine there on the cheap.
- You can find the full list of restaurants, their menus and even make reservations at RAMW’s official website. You can also search by neighborhood and type of food, so you’ll quickly be able to find what you need.
- Uber is getting in on the fun too, giving away free rides and other discounts. Just e sure to use their DC Restaurant Week promo codes: For new members, sign up with DMVRW2 and get two free rides up to $20. Existing members can use code ILOVEFOOD to get a chance to win $100 in free rides.
- You know how sometimes Restaurant Week menus actually aren’t a great deal depending on the type of cuisine and menu prices at a particular restaurant? Dino’s Grotto feels you. And they don’t need no stinking Restaurant Week. Instead, they’re offering a Taste of Dino, with 10 different dishes for the $35.14 price tag. They’ll also be doing wine, beer and cocktail flights to accompany your meal.