It’s D.C. Beer Week time! The 2014 edition is the 6th annual D.C. Beer Week, and official events will be held from August 17th – 24th. In addition to official events, there are also plenty of unofficial activities, festivities, and reasons to drink beer coming up too.
Here’s your rundown and guide to Washington D.C. Beer Week!There are educational events, parties, beer dinners, tastings and all other kinds of good stuff. Each day, there is also one “flagship” activity which should catch your interest:
- SUN, AUG 17: “THE OFFICIAL DC BEER WEEK KICK-OFF CRUISE” with BREWERY OMMEGANG, BOULEVARD BREWERY + THE ODYSSEY
- MON, AUG 18: DC BRAU’S 3RD ANNUAL CRAB FEST AT QUARTERDECK
- TUES, AUG 19: 30 BEERS FOR 30 YEARS WITH SAM ADAMS
- WED, AUG 20: RFD’S COAST TO COAST TAP TAKEOVER
- THURS, AUG 21: DC BEER WEEK SOLIDARITY SESSION IPA TASTING AT GORDON BIERSCH
- FRI, AUG 22: OLD EBBITT GRILL’S 2ND ANNUAL BREWHAHA
- SAT, AUG 23: DEVILS BACKBONE TOTAL TAP TAKEOVER AND PUMPKIN HUNTER RELEASE PARTY
- SUN, AUG 24: BREWERS ON THE BLOCK AT SUBURBIA, UNION MARKET
In addition to all of the above, some of the best events will be their educational seminars. Topics ranging from home brewing to government regulation of beer and much more will be covered.
The full calendar of events and more information including tickets, locations and times, can be found at the DC Beer Week website.
Gorden Biersch provided some more details on their event:
– Gordon Biersch Navy Yard
-Mad Fox Brewing Company
– Capitol City Brewing
– DC Brau
– 3 Stars
– District Chophouse
– Rock Bottom Bethesda
– Right Proper
$20 advance tickets or $25 at the door, including tastings from each brewery, passed appetizers and a DC Beer Week Commemorative glass provided.
More Beer Events
- City Tap House is hosting a different event each and every night of D.C. Beer Week. Check out all the details on their website. In addition to the Sam Adams event, which is one of the flagship D.C. Beer Week events, they’ll also be hosting beer dinners, cornhole tournaments, tap takeover,s and all other kinds of good stuff.
- Chef Geoff‘s is hosting a special beer dinner on Saturday, August 9th. This is a six-course beast with paired dishes and beers from Schlafly. Tickets are $59, plus tax and tip, and you can buy them online here.
- Before D.C. Beer Week gets underway, Gordon Biersch is holding another shindig on August 13th. At 5:30 pm, at Gordon Biersch Rockville, the brewery will be hosting their Smokin’ Hot Brewers Select beer tapping party. They will be offering complimentary pours of their new Grätzer style beer until it’s all gone. And they warned that last year, they ran out by 7pm.
- An alternative on the same night will be the 3 Star Beer Dinner at Dino’s Grotto. This is a four-course, four-beer meal with tickets costing either $59 or $69 including all tax and tip depending on seating time. Tickets available here with very limited amounted remaining.